Please note that this event is invitation-only in order to prioritize our alumni’s and their guests’ attendance.
The Prison Education Project is pleased to announce its inaugural Welcome Reception to celebrate our alumni and their accomplishments.
We welcome the WashU community, PEP partners, and loved ones of alumni to join us for refreshments on October 13, 5:00-7:00 p.m. at Holmes Lounge on the Danforth Campus. See below for parking information. Doors will open at 4:30 p.m., and remarks will be given at 6:00 p.m.
Collection bins will be available for attendees to contribute to a donation drive, co-sponsored with the student group Interrogating Incarceration. Donations collected will be shared with incarcerated youth in the St. Louis Juvenile Detention Center. We invite you to donate new or lightly-used cooking items, SAT/ACT and writing prep books, DVDs, and flash drives.
If you plan to attend, we recommend registering by clicking here.
- All attendees must be 18 years of age or older.
- You must wear a mask over both your mouth and nose while in attendance, except for while you are eating or drinking.
- WashU community members must complete a COVID-19 daily screening no earlier than 2 hours before arriving on campus.
- Visitors to the WashU campus must complete the visitor COVID-19 access screening no earlier than 2 hours before arriving on campus.
- If you are not feeling well, please help us protect our community and stay home.
Attendees who will be driving to campus should seek parking at the East End Garage of Danforth Campus. Click here for a link to the campus map. Parking is free after 5 p.m., but if you arrive earlier, please bring your parking ticket to the reception for validation. For accessible parking options, please contact us directly.
East End Garage: Enter the garage from the Wrighton Way and Forsyth intersection or the Forest Park Parkway and Hoyt intersection. Visitor parking is available on the first level, P1. Please take your pulled tickets with you; no need to display on your dashboard.